I’ve been a fanatical goal setter for most of my life.
I’ve also never hit one on time. Hmm….
I’ve never quit on a goal, but I sure have seen my share of set backs, delays and side roads on my journey to health, wealth and joy. This journey we call life, is exciting for sure, because I admit I am always in a constant state of learning and I love it.
Recently, I’ve been on a Bob Proctor kick and I’ve been playing his audio courses over and over in my head for weeks. Here’s a quick run down on some paradigms associated with goals.
Old Goal Setting:
- Have a goal
- Make a commitment
- Write it down
- Assign a date to your goal
- Believe in yourself
- Work towards your goal
New Goal Achieving:
- Dream BIGGER: Have a dream that scares you…one so big you are afraid to share it with anyone
- Visualize CLEARLY: Describe that dream in such lucid detail that is is as real as reality
- Use all your SENSES: Create that dream in pictures, words, smell, taste, touch and experience.
- Embed into both BRAINS: Anchor it into your subconscious.
- Chunk it DOWN: Transform that dream into bite-sized objectives.
- REPETITION: Visually represent that objective and paste it in front of your face 24/7.
- COMMIT: Vow to reach your objective with no date whatsoever.
- Be ACCOUNTABLE: Get an accountability partner to hold you to it.
- Make it a HABIT: Take any and all action necessary DAILY to manifest that objective.
- NEVER relent.
Rinse and repeat on objective #2.
Continue your milestones until your dream is your lifestyle.
What do you think? I’d love to hear from you. Put your comments below…and thanks, Bob…you are one of the wisest men I’ve had the fortune of meeting.